Thursday, February 23, 2006

Day #48

"I don't really look at myself as the kind of person who craves attention, but I've never been to therapy so there's probably a lot of stuff about myself that I don't know." ~ Al Yankovic

I swear people must think I'm losing my mind. Yesterday I was in the Home Depot to drop off a resume and after I handed it in I decided to use the store as my indoor walking track. At a brisk walk I initially did 3 laps of outer edge of the store. As I walked passed employees they would smile, say hello or good afternoon to which I returned the courtesy. Some would even ask if I needed help finding anything, to which I would just smile and decline politely.

I was getting bored of just walking around the outer edge, so I started weaving up and down the isles. I tell ya the Home Depot is a fun place to go for a long walk.....tons to look at, but I didn't stop or even slow down to get anything more than a passing glance of a new tool/gadget.

After the first 20mins of my walk and passing the same employees numerous times, you could almost see the wheels turning in some of their minds. Is this guy lost, mentally challenged or crazy? Is he checking me out? Is he trying to steal something? He can't possibly be just walking around for exercise!

After I completed 30mins I figured it was time to pack it in....so I walked across to the Canadian Tire and completed 10 more mins there.

So your probably asking how today went......great. I ate 3 balanced meals & 3 snacks. I shoveled snow for 15mins and did my physio. I'm really happy with my progress

Labels:

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home