Monday, February 20, 2006

Fast Food Resolution.

"When you see the golden arches, you're probably on the road to the pearly gates" ~ Dr. William Castelli (Director of the 'Framingham Heart Study')

I've discovered that when I eat out that I'd rather have a fine dining experience as opposed to a fast food let down. I've always had a sensitive stomach and places such as McDonald's, KFC, Taco Bell and other high fat/low nutritional establishments usually leave me feeling ill....I guess my body was trying to tell me something?

As a rule I usually try to avoid making New Years resolutions....Its easier not to break them that way. I didn't make any this year, but I did make a mental note to seriously cut back/eliminate fast food from my diet.

If I do decide to eat some fast food here's my guidelines:

1. Eat whole grain bread (subs/sandwiches).
2. Choose salad or rice or potato as a substitute for french fries.
3. Eat smaller portions (ex - 6" sub as opposed to 12")
4. Cut-back/eliminate high fat sauces/dips etc.

Bad Choices: McDonald's, Harvey's, Wendy's, Taco Bell, KFC, Mary Brown's

Acceptable....but very occasional Choices: Pizza, Various Pub Grub places

Good Choices: Quiznos, Mr. Sub, Subway, Pita Pit

Wish me luck!

Labels:

|

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should take the Fast Food Poll (conveniently located at my blog). Wendy's makes great chicken salads.

11:19 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good thing to give up for Lent. 47 days. Not sooo lng but not exactly short either.

5:06 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quiznos is not a good choice, subs are not always a healthy choice

Check out th nutritional info on their website to see what I mean

1:11 p.m.  
Blogger BornSquishy said...

I agree that not all subs are a good choice. You still have to take a lot of things into consideration: size ordered, sauces, cheese (processed?), etc...etc.

Quiznos is a "Good Choice" when comparing it to the other fast food options available.

12:46 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home