Sunday, February 19, 2006

Goals & Guidelines for 2006

"When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps." ~ Confucius

April 3rd Goal: Weight 225 lbs. & Body Fat 30% - Failed
Sept. 19th Goal: Weight 225 lbs. & Body Fat 29.5% - Revised July 24th, 2006
Dec. 25th Goal: Weight 215 lbs. & Body Fat 24.0% - Revised July 24th, 2006
Mar. 19th Goal: Weight 199.9 lbs. & Body Fat 19.9% - Added July 24th, 2006

Overall Fitness Goal: I would like to become far more physically active this year. I want to improve my cardiovascular capacity and my overall strength. To achieve this goal I'll need to first strengthen my knee...To find out why click HERE.

Fitness Guidelines:
1. Get 15 mins+ Exercise each day.
2. Perform physio exercises 1-2 times each day.
3. To purposely park father away from my destination.
4. To walk/bike more often as an alternative to driving.

Fitness Activity Goals:
1. Start bike riding.
2. Start hiking (local trails)
3. Start Kayaking.
4. Join the local Curling Club.
5. Start Cross Country skiing.

Overall Nutrition Goals: I recognize that this is one area that needs to be completely overhauled in my life. The funny thing is that I actually well read & educated on the topic. My goal is to successfully use this knowledge and put it into action.

Nutrition Guidelines:
1. To join and maintain a food diary on MyFoodDiary.com
2. To increase my daily water intake to 8 8oz glasses
3. To eat 5-6 times daily
4. To increase my fruit/vegetable servings to 5 - 10/day
5. To reduce/eliminate Saturated Fat and Trans Fats
6. To reduce/eliminate visits to McDonald's, KFC & Mary Browns...etc, etc.
7. To become a better & more active cook.
8. To have 1 cheat meal & snack each week. - Added on Feb.28th, 2006

Mental Health Goals: In the past I've allowed stress to build up without a means of coping with it beyond the comfort of food...I've always been an emotional eater. My new goal is a two pronged approach. Firstly I need to reduce the overall stress in my life. Secondly I need to create new coping mechanisms to deal more effectively with stress. Achieving/following my above fitness goals/guidelines would be a great start.

Mental Health Guidelines:
1. To get between 7-8hrs sleep daily.
2. To allocate 15+ daily to reading.
3. To research & start practicing meditation/relaxation techniques.

Other Goals:
1. Become a Big Brother
2. Become an active member of the "David Suzuki Foundation"
3. Become an active member of "Amesty international"

Labels:

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home