Friday, March 03, 2006

Day 53: I'm melting....I'm MELTING!!!!

" 'Multiple exclamation marks,' he went on, shaking his head, 'are a sure sign of a diseased mind.' " ~ Terry Pratchett (from "Reaper Man")

Despite some minor set-backs over the last 3 days I've been doing quite well. There were a few times where I kinda gave into a craving. I say kinda because I was craving something bad to eat and gave into the craving but choose a slightly healthier alternative. In the end I consumed extra calories, fat, carbs etc... But at least I didn't throw all caution to the wind.

In the past little set-backs such as these would of brought on feelings of failure, which lead to guilt, which lead to depression, which lead to greater setbacks, binge eating and ultimately lead to giving up.

Don't get me wrong... the above process didn't always occur and seldom made it through the complete process, BUT it was usually the receipt that spelled disaster in the past.

The fact that I'm able to identify the warning signs and the process itself is a step in the right direction.

On another positive note, I've noticed a reduction in the fat around my mid section and my thighs......and quite a significant one at that.....the fat seems to be melting away.

Labels:

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home