Saturday, July 29, 2006

Day 201: Warning.....Danger, Danger!

"The proverb warns that 'You should not bite the hand that feeds you.' But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself." ~ Thomas Szasz

I've been doing great this week so far. Today has so far gone as planned.......but the real challenge lays ahead of me tonight. Sherri and I are going to a family friends 50th wedding anniversary and there's going to be tons of tempting binge quality foods such as: cheese galore, dips, chips, cake, tarts.....etc.....etc.

I'm going to try to stay clear of the majority of it. I plan to hit the fruit/veggy things first and drink a fair amount of water. I will however allow myself to enjoy a few treats......but the challenge will be in limiting it to a FEW!

I'll update everyone tonight.

Labels:

|

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be cheering you on. Binge foods are challenging; quality binge foods exponentially more so. I hope you do yourself proud - if not at the party itself, then in recovering your self discipline immediately afterwards.

10:53 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck - I was wiped out at a picnic today - 1000 calories over for the day - worst ever, and I didn't think I was eating anything! I guess I'll have to bring my own picnic next time!

good luck to you - there are no low cal hors d'oeuvres!

Bob

12:09 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I have finally made it here after a week of "trying". Anyway you have given me something to think about (becoming a Knight of the Round Bottoms) and I have just read the fact so I know what it's about (I think). I will of course need a name, and no doubt a trusty steed, who will no doubt need a name too. Oh and a sword, and some armor! It may take me a few weeks to prepare - but I'll be back and will follow the FAQ instructions.

Now as for that 50th Anniversary party I hope you had above everything else a good time - that's what it's all about, and secondly I hope you were able to make reasonable food choices and enjoy what you did have.

12:36 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home