Sunday, July 23, 2006

Food For Thought....or At Least My Thoughts On Food.

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

I have eluded in past posts to some of my challenges with food, but I have neglected to address or discuss these issues in any great detail. I think its about time that I do just that.

Sir Squishy's Food Challenges:

1. Emotional Eating - For the record, I am an emotional eater. Stress, Sadness, Anger, Frustration, Happiness and even Boredom are all triggers.
2. Binge Eating - Usually (but not always) linked to severe episodes of #1.
3. Secret Eating - If I'm by myself at the mall or home alone I sometimes sneak food. This is also usually
(but not always) linked to severe episodes of #1.
4. Over Eating - If it's in front of me, it goes into me. I have a real hard time leaving food on my plate.....especially if its one of my favourite meals or I'm out for dinner.

I'm going to post this as is even though I haven't gone into any great detail.

I need some time to contemplate on the above list and at some future point I will discuss/modify or add to the post.

Labels:

|

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you ever read my post Why Did I Overeat?. If not, I recommend you take a look as you'll see that I cover some of the same ground and ha a couple of extras :)

8:23 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did much the same as you up until 1994 when, for some unknown reason, I decided to try and change things.

what worked for me was two things: 1) eliminating the worst food I ate (for me it was potato chips), when that didn't make me thinner I picked the next worst food, etc

2) sometime or another I also got interested in low cholesterol and low triglycerides and changed my diet further, how is a little vague, but it would be safe to guess that this is the period when I began to drift towrds my wife's vegetarian diet. In any event, 6 years later in 2000, I had cholesterol around 165, triglycerides around 90 and haven't looked back since. Unfortunately that didn't make me thin, and even more unfortunately, it took me another 6 years to figure that out.

But the point of this whole rambling mess is that if you look at the whole, ie all the problems at once, you'll probably never kill it, the task is just too big.

But if you look at just one little part, you can fix that, and a series of little fixes = a big fix. hopefully it won't take the full 12 years!

luc,
Bob

12:33 p.m.  
Blogger BornSquishy said...

Kim: I can't believe this....But your blog is the only "KotRB's" that I haven't gone back and read the complete history. I plan to reconcile this shortly.

Reallytoobig: Bob...Thanks for visiting my blog and thanks for the feedback. I have to admit I a long history of trying to bite off more than I can at one time. This has lead to many past failures. At this point I'm trying to identify some/most of the problems that are preventing me from being successful. Once identified I'm trying to work on only a few things at a time.

1:54 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home