Sunday, July 09, 2006

Water.....can't live without it.

"Water is life's mater and matrix, mother and medium. There is no life without water" ~ Albert Szent-Gyorgyi (Hungarian Biochemist, 1937 Nobel Prize for Medicine)

I can't tell you the number of times that I've read about the importance of water when it comes to living a happy and healthy life.

"The human body is made up of over 70% water. Our blood is more than 80%‚ our brain ... over 75%‚ and the human liver is an amazing 96% water!" - Source: www.aquasana.com

Thanks to Arlene's comment on my last post I was able to read yet a few more reasons for maintaining a daily intake of 8 8oz glasses/day.

Here's the link to Spider63's post on 'Diet Friend #1 - Water'.

I hope you find it as interesting and informative as I did.

Finally in respect to water environmentalism please consider the following:
"Filthy water cannot be washed." ~African Proverb

Labels: , ,

|

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blind Melon was a good band. The lyrics from Change (currently on your sidebar) were quoted on the tombstone of their singer, Shannon(R.I.P.).

Life is short. No excuses matter.

2:02 a.m.  
Blogger BornSquishy said...

I have "When life is hard you have to change" tattoo'd on the inside of my left arm.

9:41 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First I was going to write "cool proverb." I always enjoy reading the proverbs you choose. Then I started reflecting on the metaphor - and I didn't like it. It brought to mind the inability of the "filthy" to change. This brought out the iconoclast in me.
Filthy water can't be washed, but . . . it can be filtered. Sorry, I can't help myself. (Well I guess I can, but I don't want to.)

3:22 p.m.  
Blogger BornSquishy said...

I understand the way you feel....I also dislike the idea that you can't change things. I imagine the person in Africa that coined this proverb has never seen or heard of a water filter.

I really choose this proverb to remind people just how important water is to us and that we need to treat it with more repect.

3:29 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, good point.

10:11 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home