Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Week 26

"Action is the foundational key to all success. " ~ Pablo Picasso

I had a great week. Everything just seemed to come together. I ate well, I exercised, I finished a few odd jobs, I read.......over all a very well rounded effort which resulted in 2.5 lbs lost. Yay me.

This week is moving along at about the same pace and my confidence is high for success.

After visiting my doctor I decided to visit the local big box book store to see if there were any useful books aimed at 'cognitive-behavioral therapy' since that was the approach that my doctor told me the psychologist would be using.

My search resulted in buying a book called "Mind Over Mood: Change How You Feel by Changing the Way You Think" by Dennis Greenberger, PhD & Christine A. Padesky, PhD.....both are clinical Psychologists that specialize in cognitive therapy. This book has been cited as "the most influential cognitive-behavioral therapy publication" by the British Association of Behavioral and Cognitive Psychotherapies. This book has a ton of step by step worksheets that help you identify and track your thoughts/moods, and others to help practice the newly learned skills. I've read the first chapter and I really like the layout and flow of the book. Its not at all preachy like some self-help books can be and it seems to be more of a problem solving tool.

Links for more information about this book can be found on my sidebar.

Labels:

|

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read your previous post first and was going to recommend you do some reading, but then decided against it largely because I thought I should be able to suggest something. I have an M.A. in psych., but have forgotten much of what I learned. But you're way ahead of me. Good for you. With this kind of approach, self help books can be very useful.

10:18 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home