Sunday, July 23, 2006

While The Cats Away, The Mouse Will Eat......D'oh!

"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to." ~ Oscar Wilde

Sherri and her parents went to Gander for the weekend and I'm left alone in a house full of food with no one to see me consume it. They left on Friday before lunch and won't be back until late on Midday on Monday. This weekend will be a bit of a challenge for me to remain on the short and narrow path.

Friday consisted of a healthy lunch, mid afternoon snack & dinner......and then I gave into temptation. Unfortunately the temptation that I yielded to required no strength at all. I ended up eating a piece of strawberry/rhubarb pie with vanilla ice cream, followed by 2 full bags of microwave popcorn and 2L of Diet Pepsi. The pie/ice cream and a glass of pop was a planned treat.......but the 2 bags of popcorn followed by the rest of the bottle was an unplanned binge.

I was rather disappointed in myself afterwords........as usual. I later went out for a longer than normal walk for damage control.

Saturday and Sunday went according to the game plan.

In the end I did much better than I would have done in the past. Going forward I really need to address some of the dysfunctional relationships that I have with food.

Labels:

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home