Thursday, August 24, 2006

BMI can BMA......again!

"The word "belief" is a difficult thing for me. I don't believe. I must have a reason for a certain hypothesis. Either I know a thing, and then I know it - I don't need to believe it." ~ Carl Jung

Today was a happy day for me. If you remember a while back on July 20th, 2006 I posted "BMA can BMA" out of shear frustration with the BMI model..........Well it finally feels like I'm not alone.

While I was on Fitness Mantra I happened to read a post called "Be overweight during midlife and have fewer years to live" . I'm not going to reiterate the content found there, because you should visit it for yourself......its an excellent read!.

I did however find another article called "Time To Toss The Body Mass Index" posted on MSNBC.com which states:
"The standard measure of obesity known as body mass index, or BMI, is badly flawed and a more accurate gauge should be developed, according to doctors in the United States.

- MSNBC
Its nice to see that some of the more trusted news sources are starting to acknowledge that BMI might not be the best means of measuring ones ideal weight.

Labels: , ,

|

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site to read. You've done a swell job.

P Hedges...Las Vegas NV

2:27 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home