Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Day 212: Complacency.

"The lazier a man is, the more he plans to do tomorrow."
~ Norwegian Proverb


I had a nice weekend at Sherri's parents home in Gander. Over all I didn't do too bad food wise but I completely slacked off on my exercise routine. My results on Monday still showed a decent loss weight wise for the week, but the results were somewhat hampered by the weekend.

Monday and Tuesday were busy days and I didn't eat as well and continued to slack off on getting some exercise. I kept thinking "oh well, I'll pick things back up again tomorrow" & "I deserve a bit of a break anyways".

Today was a complete right off. I had Pralines & Cream ice cream in a chocolate covered waffle cone at the mall, some bits n' bites, Cheese Whiz & a sleeve of saltines and a chocolate bar that Sherri's mom bought me as a treat..............AND no exercise.

Okay so I had a bad day. Today has no baring on tomorrow. Tomorrow won't be a repeat of today.

I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow......I know I will.

Labels:

|

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Today has no baring on tomorrow." I like that + the extension: Yesterday has no baring on today.

Praelines and cream ice cream in a chocolate waffle cone . . . yummmmmmmmy.
At least when you cheat, you do it right! (Not that there really is a right way to cheat, but . . . )

10:44 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The worst is when you've had a blow-out and you didn't even really enjoy the stuff. Acouple of weeks ago we had a Chinese takeaway, which usually I enjoy. Of course because of the portion sizes and the large amounts of fat/grease it's something to be avoided if at all possible. This one was sub standard - not that nice at all - but by then I was into binge mode and had to finish it all, including the stuff my wife hadn't been able to face - then I was into ice cream and a large bar of chocolate before the end of the evening. The chocolate would normally have been nice, but I was already uncomfortably full as I was forcing it in my mouth.

A major blow-out and I didn't even enjoy the food - 2 calamitites for the price of one :(

6:41 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can you measure your greatness without a few low points for contrast? For every mountain top there is a valley. For every success, there is a failure. Now that you logged in your failure, it is time to bring in the Gold! Scale your next mountain!

1:46 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home