Thursday, August 31, 2006

Day 232: Happy Birthday Sherri.

"May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine."
~ Frank Sinatra


Today was Sherri's birthday...and what a day it was.

Sherri celebrates her birthday with a exuberant youthfulness that is extremely refreshing. Like a child on Christmas morning she was up early, bright eyed and bushy tailed ready to tell the world that today was her day.

Its not about the gifts or the cake, although she loves surprises. It has far more to do with family & friends...and all the attention she gets!

Sherri told me today that she has always found New Years Eve to be highly overrated. She never makes New Years Resolutions, insisting that your birthday is a far better time to make plans or resolutions since its the start of the next year of your life as apposed to just the start of a new calendar year.

Sherri boldly stated that "this is my year to shine". She has made a resolution to refocus on living a healthier & happier life. Nothing else said today could of made me happier. Sherri is one of the main reasons why I have been successful thus far, through her support and encouragement. When I started my 'journey on the road to healthy living' I did so more or less as personal goal. I didn't put any pressure on Sherri to follow suit...and now she has.

I just wanted to take this time to wish her a happy birthday and let her know just how happy she makes me, and just how much I appreciate her....Happy birthday Baby.

Now back to me!

Due to the whole birthday thing my eating/exercise was a bit of a write-off, but wasn't absolutely terrible -- it could of been far worse.

My weight has dropped a bit so far this week, but my BF% has crept back up again to around 32%. Hopefully I can turn things around a bit for the remainder of the week. The emphasis will have to be on exercise and water consumption to make this happen.

Tomorrow is Sept. 1st which means its only 19 days until my birthday and the target date of my next personal goal. Just as a reminder my goal - Weight 225 lbs. & Body Fat 29.5%

I'm on target to hit the weight goal, but I'm a bit behind on the BF%....but all is well. I'm happy with my progress and all the benefits it has brought.

I hope everyone else is having a great week!

Labels: ,

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home