Friday, August 25, 2006

England Bloating

"The future is plump with promise" ~ Maya Angelou

And apparently so is the waistlines on the British. Today a BBC News headline stated "England to have 13 million obese by 2010". Their report stated:
"More than 12m adults and one million children will be obese by 2010 if no action is taken, a report by the Department of Health is predicting. The Health Survey for England also warns 19% of boys and 22% of girls aged two to 15 will be obese."

- BBC News
This news report isn't much different than the reports that I've covered over the last few days, and neither is the advice; be aware of what you eat and obtain regular exercise.

Update: BBC News has just posted another article titled "Obesity Predictions: Reactions" featuring the reaction to this study by various health organizations.

Labels:

|

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there

I agree, I am also getting tired of reading the same figures and same advice mentioned over and over again.

I also think that some of the focus needs to be put in place for the here and now rather than just for the Government's target in X years time.

While of course there is no silver bullet, I think some of the thinking should be more micro - to make sure that people start acting NOW to take control of this issue. There is still too much dissasociation with the problem as far as I can see - and not enough responsibility being taken by those who can make a difference (schools, government, parents, food manufacturers etc)

Just my thoughts!

Great blog by the way - glad I have found it!

Ross

12:20 a.m.  
Blogger BornSquishy said...

Thanks for the comment Ross & welcome to my blog.

10:30 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home