Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Unfinished Business

"Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness"
~ Richard Carlson


I had a better day food and exercise wise today; but as I've said before in past posts, living a healthy life is all about BALANCE. Lately an important part of maintaining that balance has been absentmindedly left unchecked........mental health.

I am notorious for not finishing projects/tasks. I get bored. I get distracted. I move on to something else. I'm also a bit of a procrastinator, which is a deadly combination. As time goes by the number of unfinished projects/tasks keeps growing and growing. Eventually some get completed, buried, abandoned, or brought to my attention, but most occupy my thoughts on some level or realm between the conscious and subconscious part of my mind.

Sometimes I walk past something I started and think - maybe I should finish this (usually while I'm doing something else), you know if I finish that project in the backyard it would make this easier, but I did promise so and so that I would complete that other thing first, what was it Sherri wanted me to tackle next?........I'll figure it out later.

Most of the things I leave are not mission critical.....believe me I would hear about it far more, but as the little things continue to pile up its starts to become overwhelming and eventually stressful.

I always seem to follow a pattern of letting them build up, getting all stressed, followed by a mass completion of projects..........ENOUGH.

I compiled a list of jobs/tasks/projects etc....etc that are currently in various stages of being completed. I'm dedicating the next week to complete them and I'm vowing to stay on top of things from here on out.

So many people micro focus on one aspect of their life.....their weight, job, relationship etc...etc. Life is about Balance and my life is about trying to LIVE HEALTHY.

'A personal journey on the road to healthy living' is a journey based on Balance......plain & simple....well maybe not simple.

I'll post my to do list soon.

Labels:

|

4 Comments:

Blogger Kim Ayres said...

Not, of course, that writing a list and them blogging about it are in any way another form of procrastination... ;)

4:23 a.m.  
Blogger Kim Ayres said...

Oh, and your blog looks fine now. Glad you were able to get it sorted!

4:23 a.m.  
Blogger BornSquishy said...

I was thinking the same thing Kim.....but I was thinking more about being accountable to all my readers as apposed to just myself.

Oh...and thanks again for your help.

10:28 a.m.  
Blogger Bob said...

"Life is about Balance." Truer words never have been spoken. This is something I am striving to achieve these days. Balance. Maybe I need to stop focusing so much on some of the things you mentioned. Something to think about. Thanks.

12:19 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home