Tuesday, September 05, 2006

ADHD & Obesity?

"When you live your life with an appreciation of coincidences and their meanings, you connect with the underlying field of infinite possibilities"
~ Deepak Chopra

Does the following scenario sound familiar: You try to implement a new diet/exercise routine....lose weight quickly over a short period of time, only to gain it back after not being able to stick to your plan? Well apparently almost 27% of chronically obese people suffer from ADHD.


" 'We kept seeing these patients who were highly motivated to get healthy but became unhinged after a couple of weeks of a weight-management plan,' says Dr. Lance Levy, director of the Nutritional and Eating Disorders Clinic in Toronto. 'We looked for an explanation.' For many, the problem was an inability to focus and follow through -- a hallmark of ADHD."

- Prevention Magazine
If you suffer from ADD as I do, I highly recommend a book called "Driven to Distraction: Recognizing and Coping With Attention Deficit Disorder From Childhood Through Adulthood"

Labels: ,

|

2 Comments:

Blogger Askazombiehousewife said...

I have ADHD as well. I have to just be more careful with writing down but it means I always having to journal even though I hit goal.

The ADHD didn't make me over eat but kept me from figuring how much I was overeating.

10:44 p.m.  
Blogger Bonita Gordita said...

Definitely makes some sense. I think there is a world of discovery when it comes to obesity, the hows and whys. Interesting.

12:55 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home