Saturday, September 16, 2006

Day 249: Stuck in Neutral

"The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

Okay, so maybe I'm not in "great moral conflict", but I am currently stuck in neutral due to an internal conflict.

Part of me wants nothing more than to succeed and come to terms with my eating habits, get more exercise, lose weight and live a healthy life. Unfortunately there's another side of me that is always opting for lenience, days off, breaks, treats and giving up. This is a struggle that I've dealt with time and time again in my life and I've never seemed to learn how to come out on top.

This week and the last 3 preceding it were a perfect representation of that struggle. Some days I stuck to the game plan, some days I made little or no progress, and the rest were just pure gluttony.

So here I am only 3 days away from my next goal day weigh-in (which is also my 33rd birthday), and I'm just sort of coasting to the finish line.

I'm not happy with my progress as of lately, and I'm even more worried about my lack of discipline, since on Wednesday I'm leaving on a trip to Ireland.

I will have to pick up where I left off on this topic tomorrow since it's getting late and I'm pooped out.

Labels:

|

7 Comments:

Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

I struggle with that too. For me, sometimes, if I am starting to slip, changing things up keeps me on my toes. I change something about my diet or my exercise and that helps to keep me on plan. The thing to remember is that this is a lifestyle change. So, there are going to be days that you opt for lenience, days off, breaks, or treats. The trick is to pick yourself up after those days and get back at it. You can do this. Good luck at your weigh-in!

12:31 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, it's the 19th - Happy Birthday!!!!!

You have good days and you have I'm-only-human days. Today you should just enjoy your birthday cake.

Hope you have a great day!

7:35 a.m.  
Blogger ArleneWKW said...

I can certainly relate to what you describe. At least we are both still hanging in there if only by our fingernails. Meanwhile, we can give ourselves credit for the times we perservere and chasten ourselves (with understanding) for the times we our self indulgent. The thing I am trying to work on is to take it episode by episode instead of day by day.

2:33 p.m.  
Blogger Moby Dick said...

Every day is a new day, and a new opportunity to accomplish your daily goals!

2:27 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a couple of weeks since you've posted Sir Squishy. Something happened?

Come back to us - we're a pretty non-judgemental lot!

11:34 a.m.  
Blogger 40 Something said...

I have been AWOL, but I am back now that its October. Unfortunately, I am back a little bigger. I should be blogging most days this month.

1:54 p.m.  
Blogger BornSquishy said...

Sorry Everyone....I left to Ireland on Sept.20th and wasn't able to post before I left. I arrived back in Ontario yesterday and won't be back in Newfoundland until Wednesday.

I'll update everyone soon!

2:46 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home