Tuesday, January 09, 2007

2007

"It is not so much our 'friends' help that helps us as the confident knowledge that they will help us." ~ Epicurus (341 - 270 BC) Greek philosopher

Kim Ayres said:

"Do I have to keep posting here, in the same comments page each week until you decide to respond?".......Ouch! Hehehehe....talk about provoking someone into responding.
Spider63 said:
"Sounds like another guy who fell off the diet wagon and has stopped posting on his blog."
.....Actually I did indeed fall off the wagon.

Unfortunately in the process of falling off I was also run over by it and dragged relentlessly for longer than I care to admit.



Thanks.......to both of you for keeping watch over my blog in my absence. The last few months has been a mixed bag of worms for both Sherri and I. Sherri was completely overloaded with work and myself with the lack of it. I started school to become a Heavy Equipment Operator, which is great.....but at least half the class are a bunch of immature hooligans that drive me friggin' nuts to no end. I've been extremely homesick and to top it off Sherri and I came damn close to calling it quits.

In the end I've come out of this mess relatively unscathed except for a few unwanted pounds of fat.....well maybe more than a few. I weighed myself last week and I was at 245 lbs which means that I've gained all my weight back plus a few pounds to boot.

I'm happy to announce that Sherri and I are working things out and are renewing our commitment to becoming healthier, as we both acknowledge that this will help us both out tremendously in the long run.

Today we ordered an Elliptical machine which should arrive in a few weeks (its being shipped from out of province).

I'm running short of time right now because Sherri and I are taking a trip out tonight to the movies.....But I will report back soon to update everyone on my future plans and goals, etc, etc...

Thanks again!

Labels:

|

4 Comments:

Blogger Kim Ayres said...

Woohoo! You're still alive!

I was beginning to wonder how many comments I'd have to write.

If you want to discuss motivations, tactics, strategies or anything, feel free at any time to come over to my blog, post a comment on past post and we can bat a few things round together.

4:28 p.m.  
Blogger ArleneWKW said...

I'm glad to see you are posting again Sir Squishy. I particularly like the photo you included and the metaphor you extended about "falling off the wagon." My weight is also way up, actually at a high point of the regain. Right now I'm trying to rebuild the habit of self discipline. Hopefully we'll both be strong in 2007

6:04 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

like i said before sir squishy, you just keep fighting at it and one day it will become second nature to you. your friends are not ready to give up on you and we are here always!
here's to a 2007 where your goals are achieved!
-fitness mantra.

11:25 a.m.  
Blogger Kim Ayres said...

Any sign of this Eliptical machine yet?

Or another blog post for that matter - it's Jan 22nd today

7:19 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home