Sunday, February 25, 2007

2007 Starts now

"If your coasting, you're either losing momentum or else you're headed downhill" ~ Joan Welsh

The last 2 months I've been a downward spiral on an out of control, runaway train. I'm almost certain I've gained all of my weight back and put some on. I've been eating like crap, getting little if any exercise at all. I've completely disrespected myself, even to the point of going for weeks without shaving........it's been a pretty sad sight.

It's no secret that Sherri and I have had our struggles lately, but I'm happy to say that we've worked out the kinks and are doing better than ever. I'm also 4 months into my 6 month Heavy Equipment course and it's going great, which means that I will be able to start my new career in the beginning of May.

It's due to these 2 changes that I'm in a much happier place, and more able to tackle other area's of my life that have been seriously neglected, such as my health and my social life.

Thanks for all the words of encouragement.....they haven't fallen on deaf ears.

I have much more to say, but I'm a bit overwhelmed at this time to elaborate.

I plan to post again on Tuesday.......tomorrow Sherri and I are going to see the Bare Naked Ladies live here in St.John's.

Till then, take care all.

P.S: Welcome back Twice The Man, you have been dearly missed. Hopefully we can renew our goals together.

Labels:

|

11 Comments:

Blogger Kim Ayres said...

Ha! I thought the threat of eating your food might goad a response - it always works with my daughter...

:)

Good to see you're still alive

5:42 a.m.  
Blogger Don Q. said...

Welcome back. Best of luck with your renewed efforts.

5:49 p.m.  
Blogger 40 Something said...

Absolutely Squishy!!

12:09 a.m.  
Blogger Bonita Gordita said...

Hey I've been checking in on you. There's no day better than today, right? Apparently this thing never ends. You fall off, you get on, off on...

Here's to getting back on again. :)

4:57 p.m.  
Blogger FatnoMore said...

Good luck on getting back on track. Seems like a lot of "wayward" knights (OTRB) are returning to their crusades against the fat. I'll link you on my blog. Sounds like life is on the up for you, and this in itself will help fire up the will to shift the pounds.

1:47 p.m.  
Blogger ArleneWKW said...

I'm glad to see you posting again. The challenges that we face with our weights never seem to let up. We are winning as long as we keep up the good fight. I'm glad you're ready to fight again.

5:46 p.m.  
Blogger Kim Ayres said...

It's March 5th - time to post something again!

This week's theme is "You've only got to make it through the next 21 days!"

Both Arlene and I have been posting about the fact that the cravings are worse when your body has been giving in to the fat. You essenstially need to go through a withdrawal - stick rigidly to the plan for 3 weeks and then, miraculously, the cravings drop away and it becomes much easier to stay on track.

Don't get overwhelmed with the big picture - just think 3 weeks and then you'll have much greater strength for the next bit

6:33 a.m.  
Blogger ArleneWKW said...

I'm glad to see that you've deleted the post in which you wrote that you wouldn't be posting again until you reached 249 lbs. Does that mean we can expect a new post from you soon?
Even if you are having a hard time, as we all seem to have from time to time(unfortunately), we (meaning I, but no doubt including others) are interested to "hear" from you.

4:23 p.m.  
Blogger ArleneWKW said...

Oh wait, I'm confusing your blog with someone else's. You didn't say you wouldn't be posting until you reached 249 lbs. And anyway 249 would possibly be a GAIN for you.
But . . . the rest of what I wrote is true. Sorry for the confusion.

4:28 p.m.  
Blogger Kim Ayres said...

March 12th - am I going to have to threaten to eat your coco-pops again?

7:09 a.m.  
Blogger Kim Ayres said...

March 19th - I'm starting on your chocolate stash hidden behind the DVD collection

7:09 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home