Friday, February 01, 2008

Day 742: Putting Things into Perspective

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
~
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Today went exactly as planned. I ate well, I exercised, I accomplished some of my To Do tasks, I read a novel for awhile and listened to some music and returned to & updated my blog........it doesn't get much better than this.

New visitors might be asking yourself "Day 742, how come he hasn't lost any weight or made any progress?". Believe me if I was on someone else's blog I might of asked the same question. There is no short answer to this question, but I'll try.

The other day I was tempted to start Feb. 1st as "Day 1, Week #1" to announce my return to my blog and my overall goal of "Living a Healthy Lifestyle", which is just too easy. If I get off track later on should I reset the counter again? Would this give me a reason to slip up because I could erase it by resetting the counter? Acknowledging that this is indeed "Day 742" allows me to put my struggle into perspective. This is a lifestyle change, not a fad diet. This is something that I have to incorporate into my life for the rest of my life. By acknowledging my past failures and successes I'm able to learn and grow from them. If I'm able to succeed now it is only because I have failed in the past.

It's a very humbling experience to share this type of struggle online with strangers, especially when I don't appear to be a success story......but I am. Without the effort I've put in over the last few years (even though it hasn't been consistent) who knows......I might actually of been 300 lbs instead of 250.

I'm ready to make the changes necessary for success. Not just a temporary one, but a consistent, continued success that I can carry on into my golden years.

Labels:

|

1 Comments:

Blogger Apex Zombie said...

G'day Sir Squishy. It's nice to see you back. Actually, we've never really met. I think I joined the KOTRB after you stopped posting back in '07. Anyway, it's good to see you back posting. I actually thought you had reached your goal and just stopped blogging about your weight loss.

I hope the coming days continue to be as good as this one was.

I'm no success story myself. It's definitely humbling, if not humiliating at times to share that experience. But it's just a part of it, I guess.

Anyway, once again, just wanted to say welcome back to blogging.

Peace.

7:34 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home