Sunday, February 10, 2008

Fast Food Restaurants: The Banned List!

"I refuse to go into a fast-food outlet - to use the toilet even - in case anyone got the wrong idea and thought I was sneaking in a quick burger." ~ Jonny Wilkinson

After careful consideration I've decided to avoid some restaurants altogether. If I'm going to eat out as a treat, it might as well be at a place that offers a satisfying meal that doesn't include a cardiac arrest in a wrapper.

Here's the list I came up with.....remember that I live in Canada.


Banned Restaurants:

A&W
Burger King
Chicken Licken
Dairy Queen
Harvey's
KFC
Mary Browns
McDonalds
New York Fries
Taco Bell
Wendy's

Labels:

|

3 Comments:

Blogger Kim Ayres said...

Every fast food outlet is a nutrition wasteland. In addition they are full of chemicals to make you crave more and drink more of their soda.

You have made a very wise decision :)

9:15 a.m.  
Blogger Exit 465 said...

I admire your committment to this. I wish I could do my own list. I have found that when I am in a hurry, I have pieced together some decently healthy (at least low-calorie) options from fast food. For instance, I can get a grilled chicken sandwich and a small chili from Wendy's for about 530 calories.

8:01 p.m.  
Blogger BornSquishy said...

But.....and yes there's always a but, the small chili contains 780mg of sodium & the grilled chicken sandwich contains 950mg of sodium for a total of 1730mg's which is already 230mg's over the recommended daily limit.

I'll admit my primary reason for cutting out these restaurants is to cut back on empty calories, primarily from fat and sugar, but it's also to cut back on sodium as well.

Besides....if I step into a Wendy's I'd want a Baconator anyways, and the temptation is just too much.

I think I'll post something about the baconator sometime soon.

10:57 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home