Monday, February 11, 2008

Week #106: In Review

"Life without a purpose is a languid, drifting thing; every day we ought to review our purpose, saying to ourselves, 'This day let me make a sound beginning, for what we have hitherto done is naught!" ~ Thomas a Kempis

Weight Loss = 2.0 lbs
Fat % Loss = 2.4%

Updated "My Progress Charts" can be found HERE.

I had a fantastic week.......*pats himself on the back*.

I ate well, I exercised every day for +25 mins (1 1/2 hrs on Saturday), and I met most of my mental health guidelines as well. I struggled a bit this week with my To-Do List, but this was due to a few different reasons:

1. The organizing of the garage is a larger project than I expected and it's not much fun.
2. I couldn't set-up the CD racks b/c I can't find some of the hardware from when we moved.
3. I didn't spend enough time tackling the list.
4. When #2 happened or I became frustrated with #1 I should of moved onto another list item, instead of say......messing around with my blog.

I didn't allow for 1 day of rest....but I did take it much easier on the Sunday, so I'm not as worried about that one.

This week I would like to focus a bit more on remembering to eat snacks between meals. I was about 50 - 75% successful this week, but there's definitely room for improvement. It's really more about making it consistent enough to be part of my normal routine, or pattern forming.

This week I would also like to put in at least some focus into reading my book on meditation.


Besides that if I manage to continue the success of last week, I'll be happier than...

I hope everyone else had a great week!

Week #106 Guideline Results:

:Met/exceeded guideline
:Met or Almost meet guideline every day
:Failed to meet guideline

Nutrition Guidelines:

1. To increase my daily water intake to 8 8oz glasses or more.
2. To eat 5-6 times daily.
3. To consume 5-10 servings of fruit & vegetable each day.
4. To reduce/eliminate Saturated Fat and Trans Fats.
5. To prepare & eat more meals @ home, while reducing dining out.
6. To eliminate visits to Fast Food Restaurants when dining out.

Fitness Guidelines:

1. Get +15 mins Exercise each day (working up to +30mins).
2. To purposely park father away from my destination.
3. To walk/bike more often as an alternative to driving.
4. To allocate 1 day a week to rest.

Mental Health Guidelines:

1. To get between 7-8 hrs sleep daily.
2. To allocate +15 mins daily to reading.
3. To research & start practicing meditation/relaxation techniques.
4. To take 2-3 mins every hour or so to take few deep breaths/stretch.
5. To organize and complete a weekly To-Do list.
6. To maintain my blog & relationships online.
7. To keep contact with my friends & family
8. To have 1 cheat meal & desert each week.

Labels:

|

1 Comments:

Blogger Apex Zombie said...

Sounds like a pretty great week! Congratulations on another loss! Strength to strength, that's really great :)

8:08 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home