Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Week #107....Update so far.

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page."
~ Saint Augustine


Okay, so I'm not traveling somewhere new and exotic, but it is going to be a fun and exciting trip. Ottawa & Toronto are our destinations for our 1 week trip. In regards to my blog these are some of the things that I've been thinking about:

Eating Out: Over the course of the week we have plans to eat out twice for supper, once for lunch and we're also ordering in one night. Our destinations include: The Keg, Jack Astors, Moxies and a Thai food place for the ordering in...oh yeah...I almost forgot the traditional "Beaver Tail" @ Winterlude. Knowing where you're eating and when is half the battle. After visiting their websites I've decided to order the following:

  • The Keg - Filet Mignon with twice baked potato & veg's.
  • Jack Astors - Cajun Chicken Sandwich with fries (my cheat meal).
  • Moxies - Sesame Thai Chicken Salad or Mini Egg Burger.
  • Thai Food - not sure.....but it's not as bad as the first 2 on the list.
Susan eats healthy, so meals at her place are bound to fit in with my plan, and both my parents and brother have been informed about our healthy eating habits as well, which will make things easier.

Exercise: On Thursday morning before we leave I plan to hit the elliptical machine hard. On Friday, we should be doing a lot of walking around Ottawa. Saturday, we're helping Susan move. As for the 4 days in Toronto, Sherri and I plan to go out for a long walk each evening.

Weight: My overall goal is to at least break even. I would love to still lose a bit.....but this might be asking for too much. Hopefully all the exercise we will be getting will offset the eating out.

Now that the serious stuff is out of the way I'll give ya some details of the trip.

Sherri and I are flying out on Thursday to Ottawa, Ontario to visit her best friend Susan and her 1 1/2 yr old son Andrew. I haven't seen the little tyke since he was about 4 months old (maybe a bit younger). We're staying in Ottawa for a total of 3 days. The day after we arrive we get to help Susan move into her new house (lucky us....hehehe), which we're all very excited about. At least I don't have to make any exercise plans that day.

The following day we hope to take in the sights and sounds of "Winterlude" Canada's biggest winter celebration.

It's been a long time since I've visited Ottawa (I lived there for 2yrs), and I'm really excited. For those of you that aren't familiar with Canadian geography, Ottawa is Canada's Capital city, and is located in Ontario near the most eastern tip of Ontario, close to Quebec's boarder. An excellent map is located HERE. Ottawa is 1,774 km's (1,102 miles) from St. John's, Newfoundland...just in case you're curious.

On the Sunday we fly out of Ottawa and head South West to Toronto to visit my parents, my brother Kevin and his family, as well as some of Sherri's Aunt's & Uncles. We're only there for 4 days, 1 of which Sherri will be working at the IBM office in Markham, so we have a lot of people to visit in a short period of time. I can hardly wait to see the members of both of our families. The only drawback of this trip is that it's too short to visit any friends that live nearby, but that's okay since I managed to visit with all of them back in November anyways.

We fly back home to Newfoundland on the following Thursday afternoon.

Labels:

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home