Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Biggest Loser

"When you are in any contest, you should work as if there were - to the very last minute - a chance to lose it. This is battle, this is politics, this is anything." ~ Dwight David Eisenhower

I've been meaning to write about The Biggest Loser for some time now. Sherri and I started watching this show about 4 or 5 weeks ago and I have to say that we're completely hooked. I can completely relate to what these people are going through, and have gone through in their lives. Every time they talk about their past struggles with weight, a chord resonates deep within me. I'm guessing that with the current obesity epidemic happening all over North America it's no wonder that the show is so successful.

Sherri and I both have our favourites (both of which have been voted off the show), but deep down we're cheering on all the contestants, because it's a show where you really want to see all the players succeed.

Even when a player gets voted off the show, there's still a ray of hope when they show you their progress since being voted off.

Yes there's some cheesy dialog every now and then in the form of advertising, but it's hard to escape that in today's commercial environment. All in all, I find the show very entertaining, motivating, and more importantly relevant at this point in my life.

Labels:

|

1 Comments:

Blogger Apex Zombie said...

Oh man, the cheesiest product placement EVER was when Jillian did that Extra gum thing when they were making dinner or something.

I have to admit, I got into it this season. I wasn't really into it before, but I read about the controversy of one of the contestants, and that kind of sucked me in.

5:39 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home