Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Week #112: In Review

"Life without a purpose is a languid, drifting thing; every day we ought to review our purpose, saying to ourselves, 'This day let me make a sound beginning, for what we have hitherto done is naught!" ~ Thomas a Kempis

Weight Loss = 0.8 lbs
Fat % Loss = 1.5 %

Updated "My Progress Charts" can be found HERE.

Not a bad week. We had a nice visit with Sherri's family, although I was thrown off my normal routine a bit.......I faired well. I did manage to eat 3 small pieces of chocolate cake and 6 pieces of date square (small pieces) over the course of 3 days......but in my defense these goodies were made by Jean (Sherri's mom) and she uses a minimal amount of sugar/butter & salt in her receipts since her dad is diabetic and has had heart troubles in the past. They still tasted awesome and were extremely hard to resist........especially since they were put out every time company came over, which is Newfoundland is all the time.

I fell short on some of my nutrition & mental health guidelines while we were visiting......but overall I think I did fine.

Once again I bombed on my To-Do List, but I actually was quite busy with a large task that wasn't on my list to begin with. At least I was doing something productive.

Focus for this week: I WILL start reading my book on meditation......I know, I know (I feel like a broken record)....this is the 6th week in a row that I've said this.....so I'm putting it on my To-Do List (AGAIN). This might just become a permanent addition to my To-Do List......I'm not quite sure why I haven't tackled it yet.

I hope everyone else had a great week!

Week #112 Guideline Results:

:Met/exceeded guideline
:Met or Almost meet guideline every day
:Failed to meet guideline

Nutrition Guidelines:

1. To drink 8+ 8 oz glasses of water each day.
2. To eat 5-6 times daily.
3. To consume 5-10 servings of fruit & vegetable each day.
4. To reduce/eliminate Saturated Fat and Trans Fats.
5. To prepare & eat more meals @ home, while reducing dining out.
6. To eliminate visits to Fast Food Restaurants when dining out.

Fitness Guidelines:

1. To get +20 mins exercise each day (working up to +30mins).
2. To purposely park father away from my destination.
3. To walk/bike more often as an alternative to driving.
4. To allocate 1 day a week to rest.

Mental Health Guidelines:

1. To get between 7-8 hrs sleep daily.
2. To allocate +15 mins daily to reading.
3. To research & start practicing meditation/relaxation techniques.
4. To take 2-3 mins every hour or so to take few deep breaths/stretch.
5. To organize and complete a weekly To-Do list.
6. To maintain my blog & relationships online.
7. To keep contact with my friends & family
8. To have 1 cheat meal & desert each week.

Labels:

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home