Monday, March 31, 2008

Week #113: In Review

"Life without a purpose is a languid, drifting thing; every day we ought to review our purpose, saying to ourselves, 'This day let me make a sound beginning, for what we have hitherto done is naught!" ~ Thomas a Kempis

Weight Loss = 0.3 lbs
Fat % Loss = +0.4 %

Updated "My Progress Charts" can be found HERE.

Not my best week.....actually not even close. Several things caused me to have a flat result this week. Nutritionally, I was off my game plan this week. First off I had 2 cheat meals, one on Tuesday, and another on Friday night when friends invited us out to supper. Unfortunately we ate at a pub type restaurant & I didn't even try to eat anything healthy....... fortunately I kept my portion much smaller than I would of a few months ago. I did however follow up supper with a 2 alcoholic drinks, which didn't help out the situation any. Beyond the 2 cheat meals, I overate one night at supper, missed a few snacks, and ate a few snacks too late in the evening. Nothing to serious, but added together it was enough to flatten out my weight loss to .3 lbs for the week.

Exercise was probably my saving grace this week. I exercised 5 out of the 7 days and most of those days were above 20mins at a high intensity.

My To-Do List was an absolute joke this week. I didn't put any effort into it what's so ever. I'm sure some of you are wondering what's going on with me over the last 2-3 weeks in this regard. The truth is that I've been working very diligently at creating a new home for my blog. I'd love to show you my progress, but I want the site to be completely finished before it's release. I will say that I'm quite happy with it's progress and I think it's a vast improvement over my current blog. I'm not sure when I'll officially launch it, but I will update everyone in the near future.

So, now that you know what I was doing with my time, I'll tell ya what I wasn't doing with it......... pretty well anything that was on my To-Do List. Unfortunately this week won't be much better I'm afraid. At the beginning of next week I'm heading to Ontario to visit my family & friends for 1 1/2 weeks, so I need to prepare for that trip. I'm also having my next tattoo session on Friday which will eat up 6hrs of that day. I also want to get as much work done as I can on the new home for my blog before I leave on my trip. So this week I won't try to fool myself or anyone else, and I'll edit my To-Do list to reflect what I expect to finish, and not what I would like to finish.

So that was my week in a nutshell.....the results are in mostly red & yellow below.

I hope everyone else had a great week.

Week #113 Guideline Results:

:Met/exceeded guideline
:Met or Almost meet guideline every day
:Failed to meet guideline

Nutrition Guidelines:

1. To drink 8+ 8 oz glasses of water each day.
2. To eat 5-6 times daily.
3. To consume 5-10 servings of fruit & vegetable each day.
4. To reduce/eliminate Saturated Fat and Trans Fats.
5. To prepare & eat more meals @ home, while reducing dining out.
6. To eliminate visits to Fast Food Restaurants when dining out.

Fitness Guidelines:

1. To get +20 mins exercise each day (working up to +30mins).
2. To purposely park father away from my destination.
3. To walk/bike more often as an alternative to driving.
4. To allocate 1 day a week to rest.

Mental Health Guidelines:

1. To get between 7-8 hrs sleep daily.
2. To allocate +15 mins daily to reading.
3. To research & start practicing meditation/relaxation techniques.
4. To take 2-3 mins every hour or so to take few deep breaths/stretch.
5. To organize and complete a weekly To-Do list.
6. To maintain my blog & relationships online.
7. To keep contact with my friends & family
8. To have 1 cheat meal & desert each week.

Labels:

|

1 Comments:

Blogger Apex Zombie said...

Everyone has bad weeks man. Just shake it off and you're good to go.

Btw, the video is up on my blog :D

11:41 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home