Monday, March 10, 2008

Weight & Fat Loss Goals

"A goal is a dream with a deadline." ~ Napoleon Hill

Over the last 3 hrs I spent a lot of my time contemplating setting goals in regards to weight/fat loss. I even went so far as composing a post, which eventually, I ended up deleting. Part of me is afraid to set targets or goals for weight loss. I've done it in the past, and I've failed to meet them, which eventually lead to abandoning the rest of my nutritional, physical & mental health goals/guidelines.

So far since Jan. 20th, 2008 I've lost 17.5 lbs and reduced my body fat percentage by 5.5%, of which I'm extremely proud. There is no doubt in my mind that I will be able to continue this success. A lot of things are different this time around. My head is in a much better place. I'm in a very healthy, rewarding and loving relationship. I have the support of family, friends and my online readers (thanks all). I'm pretty much guaranteed work starting sometime this spring, @ a guaranteed rate of pay since it's union work. I have a plan, and I've been setting it into motion, and although there's bound to be rough patches down the road, I feel confident that I'll be able to quickly adjust to the situation and continue on my way.

If someone was to ask me what my ultimate goal (realistic) was I would give them the following stats: 195 lbs @ 15% body fat.

Is that realistic? Is it achievable? Will I change my goals? The answer to these 3 questions and others like it is only time will tell. I imagine that the closer I get to these numbers the better of an idea I'll have.

So for now and the unseeable future, I think my Goals & Guidelines for 2008 will be devoid of specific weight and fat loss goals.

Labels:

|

2 Comments:

Blogger Brad Clements said...

Excellent - Way to go, sometimes short term goals hurt our motivation. Just keep your eye on the long term goal and keep up the good work...

3:03 a.m.  
Blogger BornSquishy said...

Thanks yeldarb.....and welcome to my blog.

5:45 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home