Monday, April 07, 2008

Week #114: In Review

"Life without a purpose is a languid, drifting thing; every day we ought to review our purpose, saying to ourselves, 'This day let me make a sound beginning, for what we have hitherto done is naught!" ~ Thomas a Kempis

Weight Loss = 0.8 lbs
Fat % Loss = -0.1 %

Updated "My Progress Charts" can be found HERE.

This was a pretty laid back week. I exercised hard on Monday and Tuesday.......and very little for the remainder of the week. Overall my eating habits weren't that bad, but we did have 2 cheat meals as apposed to one. My sleep routine has been off a bit as well. I was really excited about getting my next tattoo session done, so I didn't sleep much at all on Thursday night. Friday night it took me a long time to get to sleep, and I ended up sleeping in really late on Saturday.

As for the To-Do List, I can honestly say that I didn't even look at it. I did however address a few things that were on the list today.

In the end I still managed to lose .8lbs which is fine by me. I just wish that my guideline results had far less yellow and red in it.

I leave for Ontario tomorrow morning (April 8th) and I'm not coming back until the 17th, so the next 1 1/2 weeks are going to be a real challenge for me. Everyone back home knows that I'm watching what I'm eating, so I should be able to eat properly. I'm hoping to go for a lot of walks to make sure I meet my exercise goals.

My overall goal for the trip it to come back lighter.......or at the VERY least even, weight wise.

I should be able to post a fair bit while I'm at home since I have access to a computer.......I'll try to keep everyone updated.

I hope everyone else had a great week.

Week #114 Guideline Results:

:Met/exceeded guideline
:Met or Almost meet guideline every day
:Failed to meet guideline

Nutrition Guidelines:
1. To drink 8+ 8 oz glasses of water each day.
2. To eat 5-6 times daily.
3. To eat slowly, chew more and enjoy my food.
4. To consume 5-10 servings of fruit & vegetable each day.
5. To reduce/eliminate Saturated Fat and Trans Fats.
6. To prepare & eat more meals @ home, while reducing dining out.
7. To eliminate visits to Fast Food Restaurants when dining out.

Fitness Guidelines:
1. To get +20 mins exercise each day (working up to +30mins).
2. To purposely park father away from my destination.
3. To walk/bike more often as an alternative to driving.
4. To allocate 1 day a week to rest.

Mental Health Guidelines:
1. To get between 7-8 hrs sleep daily.
2. To allocate +15 mins daily to reading.
3. To research & start practicing meditation/relaxation techniques.
4. To take 2-3 mins every hour or so to take few deep breaths/stretch.
5. To organize and complete a weekly To-Do list.
6. To maintain my blog & relationships online.
7. To keep contact with my friends & family
8. To have 1 cheat meal & desert each week.

Labels:

|

3 Comments:

Blogger Apex Zombie said...

Well done! A loss is a loss is a loss! :)

Hope you have a good trip man. Take it easy.

Peace!

12:45 a.m.  
Blogger katiebird said...

Hi Sir,

I'm so glad to find you again. I've been sick for a month or two, but I'm back on the job myself.

I love your goals and categories!

2:31 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A loss is a loss, good going!

12:55 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home