Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Miles Away & Bigger Than Ever

Written on Nov.25th, 2008, but not posted until Feb.16th, 2009

"In the name of the best within you, do not sacrifice this world to those who are its worst. In the name of the values that keep you alive, do not let your vision of man be distorted by the ugly, the cowardly, the mindless in those who have never achieved his title. Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark, in the hopeless swamps of the approximate, the not-quite, the not-yet, the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish, in lonely frustration for the life you deserved, but have never been able to reach. Check your road and the nature of your battle. The world you desired can be won, it exists, it is real, it is possible, it's yours." ~ Ayn Rand


To those of you that have frequented my blog over the years, I'm sure it comes to no surprise to see me return...... months later, in a worse state (mind and body), than when I last committed myself to my blog and my goals.

This time is no different. I have no idea how much weight I've gained, how much muscle I've lost, or more importantly how much this has effected my overall health. If I had to guess, I'd say all three was quite significant.

Much has happened since my last post; so here's a very brief breakdown of what has occurred (I haven't read my previous posts, so I'm not even sure where I left off):

1. I moved to Alberta on August 6th, 2008.
2. I found employment with a mining company driving heavy haulers.
3. I work very long shifts, and have very little down time, unless I'm on days off.
4. I bought a new (almost new) 2008 Jeep Wrangler
5. I was fired from my job. (long story..... I'll cover it later).
6. I landed a new job a few days later with another mining company.

What's most important to note about the above info is that I'm here alone......well not alone per se, but here without Sherri.

Labels:

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home