Sunday, January 17, 2010

Tools of the Trade

"We shall neither fail nor falter; we shall not weaken or tire... give us the tools and we will finish the job." ~ Winston Churchill

Any successful trades person will tell you that it's incredible important to have the right tools for the right job. Here's a list of the tools that have been instrumental in my journey towards a healthier me:

Tanita 'BF-680' Scale - I love this scale. It's never let me down.... although I wish it lied more than a few times. My scale measures weight & body fat, but some of the newer models even calculate your bone mass, muscle mass, body water % and more. I'd love to upgrade in the future.

Ironman 'Achiever' Elliptical Machine - Sherri and I have had this elliptical machine for about 2 1/2 years now, and although we haven't used it on a regular basis as we should it wasn't due to the piece of equipment itself. I can tell you that this thing is built well & built to last...... but it weighs an absolute ton. It's also perfect for people with a bad knee like myself due to the lack of impact during the workout.

GoWear Fit - I've only had this device for about 3 months now and I can tell you that I'm completely blown away by how helpful this device has been. Here's a little blurb from their site:

In order to lose weight, you have to burn more calories than you consume. Since there are about 3,500 calories in a pound of fat, every time you burn 3,500 more calories than you consume, you’ve lost a pound. If you’re looking to lose that pound in a week’s time, you have to burn about 500 more calories than you consume every day.The System has been designed to help you learn what 500 calories IS because knowledge is power! Once you understand what it’ll take to reach your goals, you can adjust your diet and exercise plan to meet them.

Labels:

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home