Monday, February 08, 2010

Day 1724: Beat My Record -- Daily Calorie Burn

"Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment." ~ Jim Rohn

Last Saturday I managed to beat my previous calorie burn record by helping a friend reorganize his garage & a good elliptical workout... well yesterday I beat that record doing the very same things. Sherri and I watched the 2nd half of the Superbowl yesterday, and during the 4th quarter I checked my step total for the day and realized that I was going to fall short for my weekly total, so I hopped onto the elliptical for 30mins... rechecked my total... hopped on for another 15mins... rechecked my total... hopped on for a final 5mins and called it quits.

Sherri thought I was nuts for being obsessed about my total. She reminded me that although I might not of walked as much this week, I burnt up more calories on a daily from activities like shoveling, building the bookcase...etc. She was right of course... but I still wanted to beat my previous weeks step total... which in the end helped me beat my previous calorie burn total in a single day.


New

Record

Previous

Record

# Calories Burned in a Day:

4269

4177 – Jan.30th


I wonder how long it'll be before I'm able to break 5000?

Labels:

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home