Sunday, March 21, 2010

Born Squishy - Photo's

"A photograph is usually looked at - seldom looked into." ~ Ansel Adams

I found this quote and it immediately resonated with me. I've never enjoyed having my picture taken.... primarily because I've never felt comfortable in my own skin, and I didn't like the idea of pictures floating around that reminded myself & others of that fact. When viewing photo's of myself I tend to look beyond the photo to the emotion that lies behind the photo...... which is seldom a positive experience for me.

Here's a few pictures I've managed to dig up & finally found the courage to share:

The amount of times you appear in a High School Year Book is directly relative to two factors; how involved you are in extra curricular activities & how popular you are. Well in 1988 I started grade 9, my first year of High School in Bradford, Ontario. Beyond the mandatory portrait photo, I appeared only one other time; which was in a music class photo. The sad part is that I wasn't even supposed to be in music, but due to my late registration I had to choose between Music and some other class..... which I can't even remember.... which means it had to be worse than music.

Grade 9, Age 14, I was around 5' even @ +150 lbs


Jan.1st, 2010 - 254.1 lbs @ 43.1% Body Fat.


In this next series of pictures, I'm wearing a T-shirt that was bought for me back when I weighed around 210 lbs..... which I never wore because I didn't like the way I looked in it. It's still way too tight (I'm 22 lbs heavier than when it was purchased for me), but I'm going to keep using this T-shirt to show my progress in later pictures.

Feb.28th, 2010 - 237.1 lbs @ 37.2% Body Fat.


Feb.28th, 2010 - 237.1 lbs @ 37.2% Body Fat.


I will be adding more pictures in the future.

Labels:

|

4 Comments:

Blogger Learning to be Less said...

Dude you are looking awesome! What a HUGE difference. I am betting you kept that NIN shirt. My husband is in love with them and would never get rid of their things.

Keep up the great work!

3:52 p.m.  
Blogger BornSquishy said...

Thx LTBL. Yeah I'm keeping the NIN shirt for now..... but it's gonna be stupid looking -20 lbs from now.

I actually have a nephew on Sherri's side that should be able to put it to good use..... the only difference is where I filled it out with fat, he'll fill it out with brawn.

5:53 p.m.  
Blogger 40 Something said...

Keep at it man and the progress will continue too.

9:13 p.m.  
Blogger BornSquishy said...

Will do TtM.

10:05 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home