Friday, April 16, 2010

CN Tower Climb.

"Disappointment is a sort of bankruptcy - the bankruptcy of a soul that expends too much in hope and expectation." ~ Eric Hoffer

I'm pretty bummed today. I woke up at the crack of stupid, looked out the window and saw that there was about 4" of snow on the ground and that it was now raining. I logged onto the computer and checked my flight schedule, only to find out that the flight was delayed until 1:30 pm. Unable to go back to sleep I finished reading a book and managed to fall back to sleep a few hours later.

Sherri woke me up around 11am (thanks for letting me sleep baby), and I checked the flight again...... no further delays. I had a shower, grabbed a bite to eat and headed off to the airport. After waiting in the line for awhile I checked in and was told that the flight was delayed by another 30 mins..... no big deal.

Sherri and I grabbed a snack and a drink and had a chat for awhile before I left to check-in through security. After I took my seat at the gate, flight after flight was announced as being cancelled due to fog. Here's a picture of how bad the fog was:














That's a picture of me standing beside the flight crew. If you squint hard enough you might be able to make out the pilot making his pre-flight checks in the top left corner.

Needless to say..... my flight was cancelled and I won't be able to make it to Toronto before the start of the CN Tower Climb :(

Even worse..... the next available flight isn't until Monday afternoon, which means there's not much point of even going. On the bright side I get to spend the weekend with Sherri and we might go out to see "Kick-Ass" at the theatre.

Rottentomatoes.com critics gave it 77% & the RT community gave it 89%.

As for the CN Tower Climb.... I plan on doing it on my staircase tomorrow as planned. I felt bad for the people who sponsored their money for me to complete a challenge......... so I'm going to challenge myself, and I'll post my results tomorrow.

Labels:

|

2 Comments:

Blogger Big Clyde said...

Bummer, but good for you for following through on your own stair climb. Enjoy the weekend.

6:57 p.m.  
Blogger 40 Something said...

good job making lemonade

7:53 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home