Saturday, April 17, 2010

My House Climb

"Opportunities to find deeper powers within ourselves come when life seems most challenging." ~ Joseph Campbell

So tomorrow's the big day of my impromptu "CN Tower Climb". The CN Tower is 1,776 steps to the top. Unfortunately there isn't any staircase as big as that anywhere else in North America..... so, I'm gonna have to modify the event a tad.

The stairs from my basement to the main floor consists of 4 steps up to a small landing, followed by another 10 steps, for a total of 14 steps. If I climb that once, (and return to the bottom) and repeat it 127 times, I will have climbed a total of 1,778 steps..... 2 more steps than the real CN Tower Climb. If you're good with math, you'll realize that I'm also descending 1,778 steps as well....... which means that not only am I climbing up the impromptu CN Tower.... I'm descending back down all those steps to the bottom.

Add to that the additional steps I'm going to have to take to drag my ass up to the next floor to have a much needed shower (or a warm bath) and I think you'll agree that I more than made up for my pledge to complete this event.

I'm going to time my progress, so I'll report the results tomorrow... if I'm still breathing.

P.S: "Kick-Ass" was great.... BUT it's ULTRA VIOLENT...... don't take your kids.

P.S.S: Sherri wanted me to give her credit for using HER line of waking up at "the crack of stupid" in the previous post..... geez.... silly me... what was I thinking?

Labels:

|

3 Comments:

Blogger Big Clyde said...

the crack of stupid is the best line I've heard in awhile!

2:30 a.m.  
Blogger 40 Something said...

joe is a wise guy and sound like sherri is a wise gal too

1:41 p.m.  
Blogger Learning to be Less said...

Dude...you are the man!! Makes me want to try it but it sounds exhausting. Your hind-end will get really shapely, wonder how sore it will be.

1:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home