Monday, April 05, 2010

Week #244: In Review

"However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results."
~ Winston Churchill


~ Nick D. Kim (strange-matter.net)

I had a pretty good week, but there was definitely room for improvement. My one saving grace this week was all the strenuous work that I did in the garage and around the house, which kept my daily calorie burn higher than normal. The weekend was warm enough that I even started & almost completed an expansion on the deck outside.

We had Sherri's parents, sister & brother in-law over for Easter and I indulged a bit in some chocolate (more than I should of). We also deviated from my normal eating routine, which is hard for a creature of habit such as myself.

In the end I was pleased that I managed to lose some weight and more importantly a larger loss of body fat.

Like the previous week my step total was way below normal, but that was due to the amount of exercise I was getting from the work in the garage/outside as apposed to going for a walk or working out on the elliptical..... both of which I did very little of this week (and last). For the upcoming week I'm going to attempt to hit my step target regardless of the exercise I get in the form of jobs/tasks/chores...... with the exception of today which I spent the better part lounging around.

Here's last week results:
-->

Last Week
This Week
Result
Weight:
229.6 lbs.
229.0 lbs.
- 0.6 lbs.
Body Fat:
35.4 %
34.7 %
- 0.7 %
Lean Body Mass:
148.32 lbs.
149.54 lbs.
1.22 lbs.
# of Steps:
31,077
32,463
+ 1,386 Steps

I haven't completed my BodyMedia report yet, so I'll forgo the report for now.

Oh yeah..... don't be alarmed by my lack of posts lately. It's not due to a lack of interest in my blog or a lack of effort on my journey. I've just been really busy with a lot of To-Do List items and we've also had some on/off internet problems for the last few weeks which have limited my blog access.

I've also updated my 2010 Progress Charts.

I'm looking forward to further success in Week# 245, and I would like to wish the same success for everyone else!

Labels:

|

2 Comments:

Blogger Big Clyde said...

Nicely done. You lost weight and body mass, increased your steps and activity...all over a holiday week with family over. I'd call it a win.

Glad you're doing the MayDay Challenge...it helps to motivate me.

Big Clyde

11:56 p.m.  
Blogger 40 Something said...

glad you had a loss on a holiday week, keep at it!

12:34 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home