Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Day 2497

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" ~ Confucius
If you're wondering why today's title is "Day 2497", it's because today is Day number 2497 since I first started this blog. My memory is pretty blurry at the best of times, but I believe somewhere along the way I reset the day counter back to zero..... maybe even more than once. I can't remember my reasons for making such a decision, but I'm sure it felt like a good one at the time. Part of the reason I'm where I am now is that I failed to acknowledge the path I took to get to here. Getting lost on a path is nothing to be embarrassed or ashamed about. Being lost, realizing your lost, and consciously trotting along blindly is another story. So today is actually Day 2497...... enough said.

I added a few movies to my movie section, which you can always access from the movie button above. There's a ton of other documentaries on Flixster that I'm planning on watching, so there may be a few more links/trailers/reviews in the near future.

Daily Recap:

So my appointment to participate in the study today was a bust...... and it was my fault. I showed up at 8:15 when my appointment was at 9:15 which really didn't matter since I forgot that I was supposed to fast for 12hrs prior to the test..... opps. Luckily they didn't mind and were more than happy to book me another appointment. I haven't found out when that is yet, but I'll definitely pay a bit more attention to the details this time.

So apparently I'm my strength is better than my cardio, according to today's morning workout. My performance this morning was pitiful to say the least. Beyond the copious amounts of sweat, I had to deal with poor coordination, and a complete lack of balance. I also jiggle a lot more than I realized. Although it wasn't pretty, I managed to complete the cardio session, but there was nothing left in the tank for the ab part at the end. The fact that I woke up at 6am and made an attempt is good enough for me at this point. Hopefully in a few weeks/months I'll be able to look back at my first week on the Power 90 program and laugh.

I have more to tell, but alas it's getting late.... or at least late for me, and I'm pooped. Off to bed so I can wake up for day 3 of the Power 90.

Labels: ,

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home