Friday, April 20, 2012

Personal Bests

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit." ~ Aristotle
 
Wednesday was a really good day for exercise.  I started off the day by waking up a decent time and took care of 3-4 small tasks around the house.  Around 11am I opened up the shed and removed everything from the inside.  I gave it a good sweeping and proceeded to get all the tools / lumber ready for the task ahead.  I built a really sturdy 5 x 5 shelf (more like a platform because it's not attached to the shed) that stands about 3' 10" off the ground.  That height allowed me to store big items like the snow blower, patio chairs and such, underneath the shelf, as well as a ton of heavy stuff on the shelf like 2 sets of winter tires, fertilizer, etc..

After it was built and set in place, I reloaded the shed back up.   All told I spent about 3-4 hrs on the project and I was pooped after I finished.

The next day revealed how hard I had worked in the form of sore muscles and a really sore knee.  According to my Body Media device, I ended up beating all 6 of my personal best scores previously set in March.

Since I was too sore to do anything else yesterday, I went back to work on the new site.  I designed the graphics show here to illustrate my achievements.  I'm not much of an artist so stuff like this takes me eons to complete..... it also doesn't help being a perfectionist.

I'm not sure how long it will be before the new site is ready, but at my current pace I imagine it will be a long time from now.

Although my knee was still really sore, I managed to go out for a decent length walk today to try and take advantage of the great weather we've been having.

That's all for now..... have a great weekend.
|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home