Wednesday, May 16, 2012

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony."
~ Mahatma Gandhi  

First off, I want to apologize for the lack of posts.  I've been spending all my free time working on the new website, when I should be spending at least some of that time posting updates here..... especially since I've had a lot of good things to share.  I've decided to split my free time between posting here and completing the new website.   Okay.... onto some new news.

Things are really beginning to look up.  Last week I started a new job in loss prevention for a local security company.  It sounds far more interesting than it actually is.  Basically I get paid to walk around and pretend to be just another shopper, and while doing so I attempt to deter people from stealing merchandise.  If the would be thief doesn't catch on to the fact that they're being watched, I'm able to arrest them when they leave the store.  If they realize that they're being watched, they end up putting the items back before they leave the store and my job is still accomplished.

Although the job doesn't pay very well, there are a few perks worth mentioning:
  • I can pretty much wear whatever I want to work
  • I get paid to exercise 
  • I feel better due to the increase in exercise
  • Arresting people is a great adrenaline rush 
For a sedimentary person like myself this job is a godsend.  Although I haven't posted any daily results for weeks, I've been breaking my personal bests left right and center.  Just to give you a quick example, my daily exercise targets are as follows:
  1. 5000+ Steps
  2. Burn 2900+ Calories 
  3. Get 1.5hrs+ of Physical Activity
And here are my results for today (as of 11:30pm)
  1. 18,984 Steps
  2. 4387 Calories Burned
  3. 4hrs & 28mins of Physical Activity
Today's results are by far the best I've had so far.  I worked 8hrs in a large grocery store.  Even on a 4hr shift in a smaller store, I'm still meeting/exceeding my daily targets...... which is awesome.

I have more to share, but it's getting late and I have a really busy day tomorrow..... so I'm off to bed.
|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home