Tuesday, May 22, 2012

23 1/2 Hours

"Walking is Man's best medicine" - Hippocrates

As you all know, walking is a huge part of my new job.... and is the primary reason everything is starting to fall into place for me.  I have more energy, I'm sleeping better, I'm burning more calories, I feel better about myself and better in general.

I'm an avid reader, especially when it comes to personal health.  I recently picked up a copy of Canadian Health, which is published by the Canadian Medical Association.  This magazine is provided complimentary by different pharmacies here in Canada.  The last article was titled "You Tube Can Save Your Life" and it discussed how YouTube and other social media sites are having a positive impact on health by giving health professionals another outlet to spread their messages to the general public.

Dr. Mike Evans founder of The Health Design Lab at the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute at Toronto's St. Michael's Hospital, was one of the articles examples of a success story.

Dr. Mike Evans, along with illustrator Liisa Sorsa, and director Nick de Pencier, created a video titled "23 1/2 hours: What is the single best thing we can do for our health?".  I watched the video and couldn't agree with it's message more.


I hope you enjoyed it too.  Until I post again..... keep walking.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home