Monday, April 01, 2013

April Fools

"Ever tried.  Ever failed.  No matter.  Try again.  Fail again.  Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett

As it turns out I'm the fool on this day... but with a renewed effort, maybe I can change that.

Well it's been a bit over 9 months since I last posted...... AGAIN.  I know.... Big Surprise.

As it stands now there's only a bit over 6 months before I turn 40.  The big 4 Oh no. In my minds eye I always envisioned myself being at my healthiest before hitting this landmark....being able to say I'm healthier than I was at 20.

40 yrs old has always been my line in the sand.  I can stand idle no more.... I simply don't have the time left to do so.

My security job helped keep the weight off, but that all changed around the end of September when I left my job for reasons I will discuss at a later date.  I did however manage to land a position with Canada Post as a letter carrier, which is awesome on a lot of levels.   The Canada Post job is even more physically demanding than the security job, but since all Canada Post employees start off as temporary on call positions, which means my exercise became as sporadic as my work schedule..... and with that my old eating habits returned.

My new job does have advantages though.  My pay is more than double, and I will have full benifits & a pension once I become part or full time.   On average I'd say that I walk the same or more than the security job, and much of that walking is done up/down hills and stairs, carrying 5 - 35 lbs worth of mail. It's amazing how much of a difference working outdoors makes, even if the weather sucks 3/4's of the time.

Although I haven't weighed myself in a long time, it's safe to say that I'm no longer 226.5 lbs @ 32.4% BF.  I plan to weigh myself tomorrow, so only time will tell, but I suspect that I'm back up to around 235 lbs @ 36% BF... we'll see... fingers crossed and hope for the best.

A few weeks ago I managed to work a full week, and man was I exhausted and sore at the end of that week, especially my knee.  It made me realize that it's only a matter of time before my knee gives out for good, and at my current weight and fitness level that day will come sooner, rather than later if I don't do something about it.

With my 40th Just around the corner (Sept. 19th... less than 6 months), and the life expectancy of my knee I really am at a very important crossroad in my life.

Here are my 2 main goals that I want to hit before Sept. 19th, 2013:

Goal #1 -  Weight 200 lbs
Goal #2 -  Body Fat 25%

To achieve this I will have to lose about 1.5 lbs & .42% BF each week, which isn't an unreasonable target by any means.  Exact numbers will depend on my weigh-in tomorrow.  

The line in the sand was drawn long ago, and the timer is already counting down.  This is it.  I will succeed.
|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home