Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Blazing a Trail

"Yay me." ~ BornSquishy

I'm so proud of myself today. I went for my regular 5.9 km walk, but I decided to really push myself.  I started off walking as fast as my legs would carry me.  I didn't really intend to blast through the whole walk, but that's exactly what I ended up doing.  My poor calf muscles and shins were screaming at me to slow down, but I dug down deep and power through the pain.

Here's what I have to show for my effort:

I managed to set an average pace of 6.75 km/h or 4.19 mph which is pretty dam quick for walking.  I have no intentions of trying to beat this time for at least another 3-6 months.  To be honest I don't think I can walk any faster unless I grow longer legs or start doing that crazy speed walking.

I didn't think it was possible to sweat sooooo much from walking.  People watching me must of had a good chuckle seeing my arms pumping like mad, and the look of pained determination on my face. 

Labels:

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home