Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Turning A New Page

"Our achievements speak for themselves. What we have to keep track of are our failures, discouragements and doubts. We tend to forget the past difficulties, the many false starts, and the painful groping." ~ Ethel Barrymore

Well a lot has transpired since the last time I posted a blog on this page. I ended my short career as an Ironworker due to a re-occurring knee injury. I packed up all my belongings and moved out of the Province to Newfoundland with my girlfriend Sherri. There was a lot of turmoil during the move.....problems with lawyers, the survey of the new property in Newfoundland, and a host of other things that all piled up to a boatload of stress. Sherri and I remained strong through all these struggles and I'm happy to say that we made it through it together and are incredibly happy in our new home. I've since found employment and things are starting to fall together nicely. The only thing that really suffered through all of this was my initiative to eat healthy and exercise.

The more my stress level rose, the more my unhealthy habits returned. I always knew that I was an emotional eater and that food was a means of coping... but it has never been so apparent as it has over the last few months.

I managed to weight myself before I left and found that I had ballooned up to 252.5 lbs, which is the second highest that I've ever been (I once tipped the scales at 259 lbs about 5yrs ago). This upset me greatly and I knew now more than ever I needed to get back on track. I've been a bit more conscious about my eating over the last 3 weeks and I've done a lot of work on and around the house that has been physically strenuous.

I'm going to weigh myself in tomorrow and start this journey fresh. I know my weaknesses. I know my failures.

I will be successful this time.

Labels:

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home