Tuesday, February 28, 2006

New Guideline Added

"It is a bad plan that admits of no modification." ~ Publilius Syrus

I've added the following under the 'Nutrition Guidelines' in my
"Goals & Guidelines For 2006":
-To have 1 cheat meal & snack each week.

I was so excited to make some positive changes in my life that I forgot to reward myself for them. 'Free Days' or 'Cheat days' are important for the following reasons:
  • They help to reduce cravings & binging.
  • They reward you for following your plan & keep you on track.
  • They jump start your metabolism.....more on that here.

There's tons of information about cheat days on the web.....too many to list.

When I developed my guidelines I wanted to be flexible.....no 'all or nothing' thinking.

I always try to remember this:

"Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men."
~ Douglas Bader

Labels:

|

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well met , Sir Squishy and welcome to the Knight's of the Round Bottoms.

5:19 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just seen that you've joined the Knights of the Round Bottoms. Unfortunately Sir Chubalot hasn't yet worked out a system for letting any of us know when someone new joins, so I was just lucky enough to notice a new link from his site.

I see you already have a link to me so I'll get right on placing one back.

Cheers,

-Sir Man Boobs-

7:23 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're so right about not getting into that all or nothing quagmire. I get stuck in it way to often.

1:57 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home