Thursday, March 13, 2008

Day 783: Tough Day

"For a tree to become tall it must grow tough roots among the rocks."
~ Fridrich Nietzsche


Yesterday was Day 783, and it was the toughest day in a long time. At around 1pm I took Sherri to the airport. She's visiting a niece in Halifax, and won't be back until Sunday. With Sherri out of the house my old habits were haunting me to return to their former glory. It's not often that I have run of the house......and in the not so distant past my first order of business was usually a binge on whatever I could lay my hands on. If there wasn't anything good in the house (or enough), I simply made a short jaunt (in the car) over to the local convenience store to stock up.

Most of my binging was done in secret, and an empty house for an extended period was always a house of gluttony. Even during the periods where I was eating healthy and exercising, I still struggled being alone for extended periods of time...... if you need a reminder read this post from back in July 06.

So, yesterday was a hard day for me. I struggled with cravings.....ALL DAY. I didn't eat that great........BUT I didn't eat terrible either, and more importantly I didn't binge. I really was out of sorts yesterday in general. I didn't do much of anything (including exercise) besides play video games in an attempt to ignore the cravings.

I'm happy to announce that after going to sleep late and sleeping in a tad, I'm back into my normal routine. I ate a healthy breakfast and I'm currently on my 3rd glass of water. I took the time to create this post about my struggle, which has also helped immensely. Next up.....exercising!

Have a great day everyone!

P.S: Sorry Sherri......I didn't get to the dishes like I promised.

Labels:

|

1 Comments:

Blogger Apex Zombie said...

Ah man, glad to hear you didn't give in to the binge! That's huge! And good on you for getting back on track.

Seeing as eating alone is a bit of a temptation for you, have you thought of perhaps inviting a friend or two around for dinner, so instead of going out you have control over what gets eaten? Just a thought.

8:25 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home