Monday, March 31, 2008

Goals & Guidelines Modified

"If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it." ~Mary Engelbreit

I've reviewed my "Goals and Guidelines" list and I've decided to make a few minor adjustments.

Change: Under the "Nutrition Guidelines" I'm adding a new guideline.

- To eat slowly, chew more and enjoy my food.

I'm going to add this as guideline #3 and I'll bump the rest down for a total of 7 guidelines in this category.

I'm actually surprised that I didn't think to add this guideline before now. I've always had a tendency to eat fast. In fact I eat faster than probably 3/4 of the people I know. Eating fast has always caused me to overeat because my body doesn't get the chance to acknowledge that I'm full before I finish eating. Worst still is the fact that the more enticing the food, the faster I ate it. Fortunately since I started eating healthier, I am eating a little slower......but there's plenty of room for improvement, especially during cheat meals.

The complete modified/updated Goals & Guidelines for 2008 can be found HERE!

Labels:

|

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim Ayres said...

Slowing the eating is such an important one - and so easy to forget! I definitely eat more slowly than I used to, but if I get distracted I can still find myself staring at an empty plate wondering where the food went

12:32 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home