Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Crunching Numbers

"Perfect numbers like perfect men are very rare." ~ Rene Descartes

Numbers are important to me. They help me keep track of things. Keep me organized. Help me visualize progress, or the lack thereof. They are an essential part of tracking time, past, present and future.

With that in mind, lets take a moment to consider some important numbers in regards to this blog.

- Born Squishy was launched on Saturday, May 14th, 2005
- 4 Year, 5 Months, and 5 Days ago......
- That makes this Week #231 or Day #1619

- My starting stat's were as follows:
Age: 31
Height: 5' 10"
Weight: 243.0 lbs.
Body Fat %: 34.2

- On Sept. 9th, 2009 (after being absent for 187 Days) I changed my starting stats & date to:
Aug. 1st, 2009
Age: 35
Height: 5' 10"
Weight: 259.0 lbs.
Body Fat %: 39.7

I realize that this really isn't necessary, but I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for my deceit.... not that it fooled anyone. I just couldn't face returning (yet again) to my blog in worse shape than I started in.

I understand the whole "what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger" and the importance of "learning from our mistakes"...... I just couldn't acknowledge it at the time.

So..... until the day comes when time travel is an viable option and I have ability to distort the 'space-time continuum', I'll have to remember to live in the present, learn from my past, and apply that knowledge to make a plan for the future.

Day 1620 here I come.

Labels:

|

1 Comments:

Blogger 40 Something said...

numbers can help bring clarrity, give day 1620 hell

9:07 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home