Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Rusty Is Putting It Lightly

"I Exercise. I run my mouth, push my luck, and jump to conclusions" ~ Unknown

Well Monday was more of a shock than I expected. I knew I was overweight. I knew I was out of shape. I knew Monday's first workout was gonna be rough. I knew that I was most likely gonna be sore the next day. What I didn't know is just how out of shape I was, how hard the workout was going to be, and just how sore/stiff I was going to be the next day.

The "Power 90" workout was great. I didn't find Tony as annoying as others, but that could be because I went into the workout expecting the worst. The workout is at a good pace, but by no means a crazy one. The first day was circuit training that was supposed to utilize dumb bells or resistance bands. Since my resistance bands haven't arrived yet, I went without..... and I'm sad to say that it was just as well since my body weight was enough to push myself. I can't even begin to describe how weak I've become. I even had to resort to doing pushups on my knee's because the regular ones turned out to be too much. I completed the entire workout, and even though I didn't push myself too hard, or have any resistance bands, the workout still turned out to be a challenge for me. The fact that I completed it felt good in itself.

Today I woke up at 6am to do workout #2 and I couldn't believe how stiff/sore I was. I decided to let me body recover a bit by taking the day off. Tomorrow I'll start the day 2 workout, which is cardio. I'll let you know how that goes.

Tomorrow is also my appointment for the "Gene Find Project" discussed in my previous post, and I'm excited to see how it goes. I'm actually surprised that I'm excited to have a machine and a doctor tell me that I'm obese, and give me pictures to prove it. I'm curious to see just how out of whack my body fat scale is. While I know I'm obese, I still have a hard time wrapping my head around the 37% body fat that my scale says I am. I'm hoping the reading is high, but I'm not hoping too much just in case it's correct, or even worse reading my body fat lower than it should.

On a different note, I'm trying to clean up my blog a bit, but time has been pretty tight lately. I've updated my weekly results, and removed a few blog links that have gone silent, but there's still a lot of stuff to fix..... like my chart links. All in due time I suppose.

Anyhoo, I hope everyone is off to a great start this week, and I'll report back soon.

Labels:

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home